3000 E Mount Pleasant Street Burlington, IA 52601
Thursdays & Fridays 10am-12pm
No registration needed, just show up during one of the times listed above. Some on the spot offers will be made.
We can't wait to meet you!
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Mixing Team Member Full-time & Part-time shifts available (part-time shifts are weekend hours)
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
- Ensures consistency on all doughs by proper scaling and time and temperature control according to production standards.
- Maintains schedule by getting dough mixed efficiently and to dividers on time in order to maintain production flow.
- Maintains record of temperature of dough mixing times and other required data.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area(s).
- Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
What you bring to the table
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours and a maximum of 16 hours on a daily basis.
- Ability to routinely stoop, bend and life (50 lbs.) of ingredients to 36 inches high table and from table to mixer 54 inches high.
- Hearing, vision and smell sufficient to detect malfunctions in all production equipment.
- Hearing and vision sufficient to evaluate product size, shape, color, appearance, position and sufficient to set gauges, dials, rulers, guides, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly in English in person or via telephone and on telephone paging device.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend production schedules, production standards and accurately record production information.
- Ability to wear and use approved, applicable safety equipment, as needed
- Must meet/maintain FDC and CDC food handling requirements on public safety for work in a food production environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!