You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Operations Seasoning Technician Lubbock, Texas
Shift: 1st Shift 12 am - 8 am
Your seat at the table
The Seasoning Technician will be responsible for the application of seasoning as product leaves the processing/kettle operation. Operation - Monitoring, which includes watching, monitors other indicators to make sure seasoning hoppers are working properly. Making adjustments in relations to the seasoning application Patrol the seasoning deck continuously to ensure all machines are operating properly and the product appears to have the proper coverage.
What you bring to the table
- Coordinate with other seasoning operators to ensure that the seasoning deck is manned consistently.
- Regularly communicate with the Machine Operators (PMO) to ensure running proper seasoning at all times.
- Coordinate with immediate supervisor, QA, and others to ensure someone is watching the product at all times.
- Open seasoning hopper to evaluate seasoning levels
- Executing product changeovers
- Product specification changes
- Performing consistent quality inspection of products
- Accurately completing all paperwork
- Learning and complying with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the food industry
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to work overtime on short notice and weekends
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to contribute to team effort with regular attendance, a high level of discipline, and a positive attitude
- Ability to move up to 50lbs on a frequent basis and occasionally move up to 100lbs with team assistance
- Follow detailed procedures and complete paperwork accurately to ensure safe, consistent, and quality product
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!