You already Love us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Plant Finance Manager, Ft. Worth, TX
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
As an integral part of our Plant Leadership team, you will lead the financial activities at the Plant, helping to drive process enhancements and margin improvements, and ensuring compliance with Corporate requirements. Located at our plant in Ft. Worth, TX, you'll partner with the Site Director, HQ Finance/Accounting, Operations, Continuous Improvement and other teams to provide cost direction and support, including plant management, quality, purchasing, planning and inventory control. This role will also lead the financial activities at our plant in Lubbock, TX.
- Achieve financial goals by developing controllable cost productivity pipeline, understanding loss and analyzing costs to drive reductions, and creating action plans to close gaps.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and analyzing manufacturing costs, including raw materials, labor and overhead.
- Provide cost direction and support to other departments as required, including plant management, quality, purchasing, planning and inventory control.
- Support capital process by monitoring capital spending vs. budget, review and analyze productivity savings for projects and new initiatives.
- Work with HQ Supply Chain Finance and HQ Product costing groups to develop new product costing models; monitor and analyze new product startups at plant.
- Develop Annual Budget.
- Participate in special projects and corporate initiatives.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years' experience in manufacturing finance/accounting
- Plant experience of analyzing cost reporting results and variances, identifying trends, recommending and driving actions
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of all financial and operating aspects/measurements of manufacturing
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
Relocation assistance is available.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.