You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
The Maintenance Team Leader handles various areas of business repair and aids in the implementation of maintenance procedures. The Maintenance Team Leader directly supervises and coordinates the activities of maintenance staff, provides training on equipment, and keeps personnel records.
What you bring to the table
Directs and monitors the activities of employees engaged in maintenance operations and procedures
- Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment supports a safe workplace
- Ensures and monitors maintenance processes
- Inspects and monitors work areas, and examines tools and equipment
- Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts
- Inspects, tests, and measures completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs
- Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve work processes
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Utilizes standard work processes to ensure repeatable performance
- Monitors production levels to ensure they are consistent with goals
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Investigates accidents or injuries and prepares reports of findings
- Evaluates maintenance policies and procedures
- Computes estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors
Supervises, leads and develops team members
- Determines schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel
- Provides employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
- Conducts or arranges for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use
- Monitors employees' work levels and review work performance
Education and/or Experience:
- High school or equivalent degree required; a two-year technical or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry experience
- HVAC certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
- Knowledge of maintenance project implementation
- Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of training and coaching individuals and groups
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
- Ability to manage team members in executing complex programs
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.