You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Your seat at the table
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be an integral member of our fast-paced Finance Department with responsibilities including supervision of the accounts payable department and efficient management of the accounts payable cycle processes and hands-on leadership including processing of vouchers and disbursements.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced team where independent thought and work-product is required, including special project requests as needed.
- Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work, meet expectations and deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information.
- Supervise the accounts payable department including training in systems and processes, assigning and leveling workloads, evaluating performance, and resolving issues.
- Voucher purchase orders and invoices.
- Analyze and approve daily and weekly payment schedules for disbursement to vendors ensuring applicable early payment discounts are obtained and working capital measures are maintained.
- Review and adjust accrued accounts payable reports ensuring staff are meeting department guidelines.
- Assist in preparing monthly and annual closing of the accounts payable modules, including reconciliations, is support of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
- Support the Finance Department in providing senior management with accurate and timely accounts payable reports as needed.
- Work with the Accounts Payable department to develop standard policy and operating procedures across all plants, including updated communication to changes in policies.
- Maintain vendor relationships through timely payments and excellent service in accordance with Company policy.
- Preparation of annual Form-1099 filings.
- Oversee collection of certificates of insurance from vendors.
- Oversee vendor setup and maintenance, including investigation of vendor issues (issuing stop payments or adjustments) and negotiating/ resolving conflicts.
- Maintain accurate/timely intercompany invoicing and reconciliation
- Reports to Accounts Payable Manager.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or suitable combination of education and work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Prior experience in accounts payable
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Customer service focused for internal and external Organizational partners as well as external vendors
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.