You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Human Resource Generalist
Your seat at the table
- The Human Resource Generalist will work with the site Human Resources Manager, site Leadership Team, and Corporate Human Resources to align the local human capital strategy with the needs of the business and execute that strategy accordingly. Specifically, carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: staffing, associate engagement and development, employee relations, benefits support and communications, compensation administration, and administrative compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic human capital initiatives and facilitate attainment of business goals and objectives.
- Drive an actively engaged culture through positive interactions with the hourly workforce.
- Communicate, interpret, and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site.
- Manage headcount and execute staffing strategy that supports the needs of the business.
- Work with Operations Leaders to develop effective new hire on boarding programs.
- Lead Retention and Rewards and Recognition Employee Involvement Teams.
- Oversee all corrective actions/discipline to assure compliance with Company policy and best practices with regard to documentation.
- Counsel line management and associates in the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law.
- Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
- Assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the human element of our business.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources work experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees and management
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the company and/or site
- Experience with HRIS systems, ADP preferably
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management and hourly workforce to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
- Strong project management and customer service skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to lead with empathy
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!