You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
1st - 12:00 AM - 8:00AM
3rd - 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Your seat at the table
Operates a potato chip fryer for the purpose of making high quality snacks by performing the following duties.
- Monitors fryers temperatures and oil temperatures to ensure proper oil temp
- Clean and change slicing heads every hour to guarantee standard slicing consistency.
- Make sure all products are of top quality and no sub-standard product is made.
- Keep work area organized to ensure cleanliness at all times.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
What you bring to the table
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Follow all Shearer’s safety guidelines and GMPs
- Avoids injury and damage by practicing superior safety habits.
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in personal hygiene and in the work area.
- Ensure all potatoes are of Shearer’s quality specifications
- Reports any foreign objects in the potatoes.
- Responsible to follow Shearer’s Occupational Safety Programs
Immediate Supervisor: Production Supervisor
Duties and responsibilities of this position is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!