You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
What you bring to the table
Production Supervisors produce results through others and help make our facilities run efficiently, supporting our teams to be their best and in producing the highest quality product for our clients. As a part of our all-star team, your day will include
- Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
- Evaluating and improving work processes
- Mastering work flow that involves specialized state of the art equipment
- Managing and improving productivity
- Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
We are building the best team in the food industry, and we’re looking for people like you who not only manage and function within your team, but also exhibit the following leadership behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to think beyond the plan
- A high sense of integrity and the ability to act with urgency
- A drive to deliver the best end result for the customer
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, growing business environment
- A hands on, “can do” attitude with a passion for problem solving
- A curiosity to learn more, with the ability to assess situations quickly
- Support, encouragement and investment in others
- The desire to give back
As a Production Supervisor, you’ll also be adept at both completing tasks as well as shifting your focus to accomplish tasks through others. You’ll value your managerial role and will look to effectively provide feedback, coaching and motivation to team members.
Here are a few other things that would make you an ideal Production Supervisor at Shearer’s:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Food background strongly preferred
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced and passionate about lean manufacturing with a desire to lead us further
- Technical experience and “people experience”
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!