You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Storeroom Clerk - DAY SHIFT
Your seat at the table
The Storeroom Clerk is responsible for the operation of the computerized maintenance management system, responsible for parts procurement, parts inventory and reporting processes. The Storeroom Clerk must work closely with the maintenance team to develop and maintain equipment logs, preventive maintenance schedules, job plans, spare parts listings, and vendor lists. Position is responsible for maintaining accurate records of all items maintenance storeroom stock, and ensuring that all inventories are maintained at necessary levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Storeroom Clerk monitors and maintains maintenance parts inventory at appropriate levels; maintains records of maintenance storeroom stock.
Monitors and maintains maintenance parts inventory at appropriate levels
• Orders, receives, unpacks, checks, stores, and tracks merchandise specifically related to equipment/facility maintenance spare parts and supplies
• Sorts, organizes, and marks items with identifying codes
• Performs routine analysis of inventories, cycle counts, and makes adjustments as needed
• Stores materials in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in racks and may be required to lift heavy cartons of various sizes
• Communicates closely with Maintenance Manager as it relates to KPIs and financial targets
• Communicates with vendors and manufacturers on a regular basis for the procurement of goods, warranty returns, and other equipment control processes
• Provide excellent customer service. Assists with placing orders and handling outgoing shipments, answers questions and solves related problems.
• Performs some general office duties such as filing, making copies, sending faxes, answering phones, etc.
Maintains records of maintenance storeroom stock
• Utilizes personal computer and Maintenance Connection to input data regarding inventory, equipment, work orders, and other items
• Compiles reports and maintains accurate maintenance records for the department
Performs additional duties as assigned. Supports operations as needed.
Role Contribution Level
This position is an individual contributor role. The position requires the incumbent to execute tasks in a safe and efficient manner and establish a positive work environment. The position requires completing tasks within a defined period of time. The incumbent must collaborate with teammates, effectively manage personal time, demonstrate personal responsibility, and respect others’ time.
What you bring to the table
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities; Education; and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education and Work Experience
• Two-year technical degree, or high school education or GED equivalent plus 5 years of manufacturing or inventory management experience
• Forklift experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiar with CMMS, inventory tracking and tagging systems
• Interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Windows applications including Excel and Word
• Communication skills
• Listening skills
• Organizational skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to perform basic operations using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to read and comprehend written material
• Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Ability to design and implement plans
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
• Must be able to work on docks while exposed to the elements
• Close vision
• Distance vision
• Color vision
• Peripheral vision
• Depth perception
• Ability to adjust focus
The Storeroom Clerk position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
• Exposure to high temperatures
• Fumes or airborne particles
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Loud noise level
• Elevated heights
• Hot surfaces
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!