You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Warehouse Industrial Truck Operator
Shift - Afternoons - 4:00pm to 12:00am
Your seat at the table
Warehouse Industrial Truck Operator’s must safely and efficiently pick product and or store product in accordance to all Shearer’s standards and procedures. You must successfully pass both a written and driving test before they are permitted to drive a Forklift and Reach Truck and earn Warehouse Industrial Truck Operator pay.
What you bring to the table
- Arrive to work on-time
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). ie: clothing, food, drink, jewelry, etc…
- Wear Shearer’s gear that meets GMP standards
- Immediately report any incidents and near misses to Management
- Ensure trailer is restrained per
- Before placing product in the racking, ensure that the cases are not damaged, the pallets are in good condition, flaps are down and product is square and stable. Fix any issues before placing in location.
- When in “directed”, follow the RF unit. If an issue arises, seek assistance at the “command center”.
- Load the trailers per the Fluid Loading Procedure
- Adhere to the Navarre DC break policy (2 – 12 minute and 1-17 minute break per 8 hour shift).
- Adhere to the General Warehouse Rules document (
- Meet the required pallet move rate determined by management.
- Complete required 5-S tasks as assigned.
- Complete PIT training with the SSW manager or designee before operating any powered industrial truck.
- Use the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and safety tools.
- Complete training checklist with your supervisor.
- Obey traffic patterns of the warehouse and all safety rules related to PIT operation.
- Use the RF Gun to pick up the trailer
- Stage order starting right to left (while looking at the dock) with full pallets to the right two lanes. Less than full pallets should be staged in the far left lane (while looking at the dock).
- Perform accurate list picking for orders per the RF scanner.
- Report all error-ed locations or inventory issues to the command center.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!