You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
CONTROL SPECIALIST, HERMISTON, OR
We are seeking a Controls Specialist for our Hermiston, OR plant. You'll be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of automation systems. You will work with our plant maintenance and leadership team to troubleshoot and support production.
Your seat at the table
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them.
- Identify and develop controls systems solutions that comply with all standards and requirements.
- Design and facilitate updates in automation technology.
- Coordinate and prioritize resources and people in effective ways to accomplish short, medium and long terms goals.
- Provide programming and technical support on plant capital projects.
What you bring to the table
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in technical/electrical controls, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work at all levels within the plant
Relocation assistance is provided.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.