You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Oven Room Team Member - Guelph, ON
1 YEAR CONTRACT ROLE
**Note – contracts are eligible for incentive but not benefits or pension.
Day Shift Shift (7:00AM - 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday)
$17.52 (1040 hrs worked), $19.82 (top rate)
Your seat at the table
Our Oven Room Team Members work as Batter and Crème Operators, as well as Spreaders, preparing batches following precise recipes. Each of these roles are integral in the creation of our bakery products.
- Required to perform all duties required within the Baking Department. This would include, but may not be limited to Cream Spreader Operator, Batter System Operator, Crème System Operator
- Lift bagged ingredients with a weight of ~23kg to an opening of mixing vessels. (example: bagged sugar, bagged flour, and bagged dextrose)
- Measure ingredients following batter and crème recipes
- Maintain records of material use and production
- Assemble, disassemble, and clean tooling as required by production while keeping the work area clean
- Respond to machine faults
- Break, re-grind, push into a grinder and change re-grind buckets as required
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, light equipment cleaning as required
- Follow all work instructions
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
- Strong communication skills – must be able to accurately express information concerning product quality and safety
- Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company’s product “Quality” expectations
- Responsible for knowing Ovenroom lockout procedures
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform simple calculations
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
- Work well within a team environment
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (50 lbs)
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
Employee Assistance Plan and the opportunity to work with some great people.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
This is your invitation to apply now!