You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
• Reviews production schedules, equipment work orders, and staffing information to set maintenance priorities
• Determines schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel
• Distributes maintenance schedules to departments
• Respond to facility work orders
• Ensures and monitors maintenance processes
• Ensures distribution of parts and materials to meet maintenance deadlines
• Inspects and monitors work areas, and examines tools and equipment
• Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts
• Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs
• Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve work processes
• Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
• Utilizes standard work processes to ensure repeatable performance
• Monitors production levels to ensure they are consistent with goals
• Computes estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors
• Corrective, Predictive and Preventative maintenance job scoping planning and scheduling, including the estimation of labor, materials and cost
• Work Order closeout and CMMS updating based on feedback from the maintenance team.
• Manage and Maintain the Plant CMMS as a Subject Matter Expert and Quality Assurance Officer.
• Train Maintenance team members on CMMS usage.
• Equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
• Generate reports and track metrics on Maintenance Effectiveness.
• Manage as required Maintenance projects that are not capital funded. Includes developing project scope, costing, timelines and implementation.
• Interface with project teams on new capital projects as required, update CMMS system with removed or new installations
• Fully participate in all Continuous Improvement and Safety efforts.
• Leverage TPM Tools and Early Management Processes per the plant’s master plan including Planned and Predictive Maintenance.
• Continually develop and implement ideas to reduce product-manufacturing cost, without exceeding budgeted dollar amounts.
• Rely on experience, judgment and ongoing education to plan and accomplish all goals as determined by management.
• Vendor Management: Source new vendors as required to support business needs.
• Partner with the Production and support teams to develop work order priorities that are aligned with business needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What you bring to the table
• Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), such as Maintenance Connection
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
• Knowledge of maintenance project implementation
• Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of training and coaching individuals and groups
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people
• Strong Interpersonal, decision-making, and organizational skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
• Ability to prepare detailed repair and metrics reports
• Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
• Ability to work a variable schedule
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!