About the Role
Shared is launching a fleet of 200 electric-powered scooters in Portland. As a Rebalancer, you will play a fundamental role in Shared’s day-to-day operations. You will be responsible for maintaining the overall availability and accessibility of the electric fleet. Working under the primary guidance of the Operations Manager, assists and supports redistribution of scooters and generates mission-critical data while supporting general operations system-wide.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Operate a large vehicle or electric trike to redistribute scooters as required, based on real-time demand data
- Loading and unloading vehicles with scooters at strategic locations requires repetitive motion and individual responsibility for lifting up to 50lbs
- Evaluate condition of scooter, document and record data regarding scooters and related equipment, and follow appropriate escalation protocol
- Communicate effectively and efficiently using verbal, written or typed communications with the Shared team
- Work collaboratively with the Shared team to assess, evaluate and determine inventory management and control
- Keep and maintain clean and presentable work areas, tools and equipment which may include, but is not limited to, company vehicles and work locations
- Perform customer service duties including corralling and securing scooters and helping customers understand the system
- Follow safe work practices and help create and maintain a safe work environment
- Follow any routes and assignments as delegated by the operations platform and leadership team
- Communicate professionally and timely with all customers, vendors and team members
- Escalate issues as needed to leadership team or designated market lead
- Work with team to ensure timely and productive workflows
- Additional duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 18 years of age or older.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding Shared’s performance expectations.
- Experience operating vehicles in congested city traffic.
- Knowledge of Portland geography and street layout.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other technology as needed to perform the essential functions of the job
- Interpersonal skills – open to others' ideas; patience and willingness to experiment and try new things while working collaboratively.
- Dependability and schedule adherence – ability and commitment to working all scheduled work hours. Shared Technologies work schedules may include, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with management, co-workers, vendors and customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work year round in outdoor conditions.
What we care about
- Have Fun - Be yourself. Be inspired. We can get results while having fun. We put users first and enable them to have fun.
- Be Intentional - We build and deploy new products with your feedback. Communicate your observations and collaborate on solutions.
- Be Safe - User safety is our #1 priority. We make sure all hardware and software is operating properly. Our job is to keep users safe. Make intelligent decisions while working efficiently.
- Go Together - Empathize with others. Be fair. Be a good listener. Share information. Stay open to learning.
The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. From time to time, and related to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shared Technologies’ Mission, employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Shared Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Shared is a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.