About the Role
Shared is launching a fleet of 200 electric-powered scooters in Portland. As a Fleet Technician, you will play a fundamental role in Shared’s day-to-day operations. You will be responsible for maintaining the overall functionality and ride-ability of the electric fleet. Working under the primary guidance of the Operations Manager, a Fleet Technician assists and supports redistribution of scooters, maintaining and repairing all scooters, and generates mission-critical data while supporting system-wide operations with the goal of maintaining fleet uptime.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Complete scooter repairs in a professional and timely manner to meet required service metrics
- Adhere to a set schedule and report for work as assigned
- Respond to requests from your management team
- Assist in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace
- Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete, and timely
- Receive and act on feedback on repair performance from the Shared team
- Maintain shop cleanliness, safety, and organization, both at your workspace and in common areas
- Help Shared team improve tool sets and processes through coordinated feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow safe work practices and help create and maintain a safe work environment
- Follow any routes and assignments as delegated by the operations platform and leadership team
- Communicate professionally and timely with all customers, vendors and team members
- Escalate issues as needed to leadership team or designated market lead
- Work with team to ensure timely and productive workflows
- Additional duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding Shared’s performance expectations.
- Experience operating vehicles in congested city traffic.
- Knowledge of Portland geography and street layout.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other technology as needed to perform the essential functions of the job
- Interpersonal skills – open to others' ideas; patience and willingness to experiment and try new things while working collaboratively.
- Dependability and schedule adherence – ability and commitment to working all scheduled work hours. Shared Technologies work schedules may include, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with management, co-workers, vendors and customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work year round in outdoor conditions.
What we care about
- Have Fun - Be yourself. Be inspired. We can get results while having fun. We put users first and enable them to have fun.
- Be Intentional - We build and deploy new products with your feedback. Communicate your observations and collaborate on solutions.
- Be Safe - User safety is our #1 priority. We make sure all hardware and software is operating properly. Our job is to keep users safe. Make intelligent decisions while working efficiently.
- Go Together - Empathize with others. Be fair. Be a good listener. Share information. Stay open to learning.
The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. From time to time, and related to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shared Technologies’ Mission, employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Shared Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Shared is a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.