Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Shapeways has ISO 9001-certified manufacturing facilities in Livonia and Charlotte, Michigan, as well as in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Shapeways is listed on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is a Mold Maker important to us?
Shapeways is looking for an experienced Mold Maker to maintain, repair, and build injection molds. The Mold Maker will support our manufacturing operations by ensuring our molds are in optimal condition.
The Mold Maker will be responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, and performing preventative maintenance and repairs on injection molds. This role is critical for minimizing mold downtime and defects.
In this role, you will:
- Read blueprints and specifications to understand mold tooling designs
- Disassemble molds and examine for defects or wear
- Repair or replace mold components including core pins, ejector pins, springs, etc.
- Machine new parts to replace worn or broken sections
- Reassemble and test molds after repairs
- Maintain maintenance logs and repair documentation
- Identify opportunities for improvements in mold design, maintenance processes, etc.
- Assist with new mold tryouts, startups, and process validation
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 2-3 years of experience as a Mold Maker in injection molding operations
- Journeyman license or completion of a formal apprenticeship
- Expertise in the operation and maintenance of CNC machines
- Experience with root cause analysis and problem-solving
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical specifications
- Knowledge of injection molding processes
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for molds and conduct PM per schedule
- Support off-shift troubleshooting and repairs as needed
- Assist with insert changes and mold conversions
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Follow all safety procedures and wear the required PPE
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the mold shop
- Support new hire training on mold maintenance best practices
Your Unique Skills and Experiences Matter!
We understand that our list of desired attributes and skills may only capture some of the unique qualities and talents you bring to the table. Research has shown that this is especially true for women and other marginalized groups who tend to hesitate unless they meet every single requirement. We encourage you to take a chance and apply, as we believe there's much more to you than what's on paper. Don't be afraid to show us what you've got – we're excited to discover the exceptional qualities you bring to our team!
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we believe in living our core values every day, which are the driving force behind our success. One Team, Innovate, Think Critically, Drive Results, Be Passionate.
Join us at Shapeways and become part of a team that values collaboration, innovation, critical thinking, results, and passion. Let's embark on an exciting journey together and make a lasting impact in our industry.
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your well-being. From Commuter Benefits to FSAs to a platform to promote financial well-being to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace
- Quarterly Employee Engagement Events - We will meet virtually, work in small teams, and compete for a prize!