Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Livonia, MI and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is a Customer Service Manager important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Customer Service Manager who will manage day-to-day activities of the customer support team (US, Netherlands and Philippines) to ensure all processes and inquiries (i.e. emails, phone calls, live chat, direct messages) are handled accurately, timely and efficiently.
In this role, you will:
- Own the day-to-day administration of Helpdesk and Live Chat tools (i.e. Zendesk, DRIFT etc.) and other customer service web based technology.
- Serve as the curator of customer experience and play a key role in crafting the online customer support experience for our rapidly growing ecommerce and enterprise manufacturing business.
- Ensure a “best in class” customer experience by proactively training, coaching and leading a team of customer service associates.
- Evaluate and analyze systems including, but not limited to, email and online chat and ensure its being used to its maximum benefit and with effective integration into Salesforce.com to ensure a 360-view of the customer.
- Report on productivity of overall customer service, including response time to customers, number of inquiries per week, logging customer pain points, analyzing product returns, logging website errors and monitoring overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer orders, returns, and warranty Issues are entered with accuracy and thorough, timely follow-up as well as establishing multi-tiered SLAs for customer inquiries.
- Help resolve customer service and website issues by collaborating with Marketing, Technology, Sales, and Operations teams.
- Oversee and manage transactions such as payments, billing, returns and exchanges.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations to obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Review claims adjustments with suppliers, examining parts claimed to be defective, and approving or disapproving quality/reprint claims.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
- Assist with processing orders on Shapeways’ eCommerce channel and 3rd party integrations (ETSY, Shopify etc.).
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, eCommerce or related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in eCommerce setting with online customer service management.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience with eCommerce platforms (i.e. ShopifyPlus) and customer service/live chat software (i.e. Zendesk, SFDC Service Cloud, Drift etc.).
- Thorough understanding of entire eCommerce process from conversion to fulfillment to customer service.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and outstanding project management experience.
- Experience building and leading Customer Service teams with sound process discipline and KPI management
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate cross-functionally with Operations, Sales and Marketing Teams
- Enjoys interacting with customers and excels in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to effectively manage customer expectations and build loyal customer relationships.
- Ability to understand and educate customers on products.
- Strong computer skills are required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and experience using an ERP System.
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Credit and Discount - Each quarter, employees will earn a $100 credit in their Shapeways account - that’s $400 a year! This balance may be used in conjunction with the 20% employee discount toward purchasing items from our marketplace