Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001 compliant manufacturing facilities in Livonia, Michigan, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is a Distribution Specialist important to us?
As a distribution specialist you'll be the one making sure orders reach our customers with quality and on time, every time. In this role, you will closely work together with our manufacturing teams to timely handle the inbound, quality and outbound process of our unique products. As a true teamplayer you will not only be expected to run your part of the process, but also to help your team with operations, process and product improvements. Furthermore, you will take part in improvement projects from 5S to flow optimization to transform our facility into the global hub for Personal Production.
In this role, you will:
- Accurately checking in products from external and internal sources in our system
- Perform quality assurance on all printed items
- Pack and ship unique, individual, and customized orders
- Liaise with internal teams, in multiple locations, to ensure quick turnaround of issues
- Be proactive in meeting the operational KPIs: Quality, Lead-Time and Cost
- Replenish raw materials (boxes, bubble wrap, etc) as needed
- Continuous process improvement
- Health & Safety and 5S
- You are able to lift 25 pounds, stand/walk for up to 9 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Experience in professional logistic/warehouse environments
- Are practical, hands-on and take great pride in your work
- You have a high attention to detail, focus and a can-do attitude
- Are a constructive team player with good social and communication skills
- Feel comfortable taking ownership of timely execution of own and team’s daily objectives
- Always want to improve processes, but are also happy doing functional, day-to-day tasks.
- Able to work at least one day during the weekend
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Paid Time Off - 14 PTO days accrued plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development- Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional