ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (RA/SRA) to join our Research Technologies Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with demonstrated molecular biology expertise to contribute to the advancement of our RNAfixTM technology. In this multifaceted position, you will be at the forefront of developing innovative gene therapy payload designs for ShapeTX's disease programs, with responsibilities encompassing independent cloning of plasmids and constructs, employing techniques such as PCR, plasmid ligation, bacterial transformation, and DNA/RNA isolation. You will also play a pivotal role in evaluating novel payloads through tissue culture and transfection-based experiments while maintaining meticulous lab organization and communicating results effectively within our dynamic research environment. This role presents a unique chance to join the critical core of our Research Technologies Team within a rapidly growing biotechnology startup, offering substantial opportunities to contribute to groundbreaking biological applications addressing serious human diseases.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform plasmid cloning for various RNAfixTM payload designs
- Conduct tissue culture and transfection-based experiments
- Utilize a wide array of molecular biology techniques, such as DNA and RNA isolation, cDNA generation, qPCR, ddPCR, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence, and ELISA to assess RNAfixTM payload designs
- Execute Sanger Sequencing and NGS sample preparation
- Plan and execute well controlled experiments with meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborate closely with Research Therapeutics and Analytics and Informatics (A&I) teams to evaluate therapeutic payloads
- Analyze and communicate results effectively through written and oral presentations
- Efficiently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Maintain an up-to-date and detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Contribute to lab organization and assist with ordering tasks
What You Bring:
Qualifications, experience, and mindset:
- BS degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or a closely related field.
- At least one year of “at the bench” experience in an academic or industry setting with relevant experience.
- Experience with standard cloning, Gibson Assembly, and Golden Gate Assembly
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA purification, RT-PCR, PCR, Sanger sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, western blotting, NGS library preparation and applications
- Familiarity with High Throughput Screening (HTS) applications
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, including transfection of cell lines
- General understanding of current gene editing technologies
- Approach challenges with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset, reflecting a steadfast can-do attitude.
- An ability and strong desire to act as both an independent researcher and a collaborative team member within a fast-paced and interdisciplinary scientific environment.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time and prioritize tasks to support multiple projects.
- Takes initiative with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Exquisite attention to detail, organization, and proactive communication
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one-week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for the Research Associate role is $61,000-$83,000, and the salary range for the Senior Research Associate is $72,000-$98,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.