ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Information Technology (IT) team as an IT Network Engineer. This position will report to the Principal IT Network and Security Architect. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to build a Network Operations practice from the ground up and take on various integral roles in a rapidly growing organization.
This includes building processes and systems, collaborating with cross-functional teams, administering applications/services/servers, scaling up IT Infrastructure, as well as maintaining our cybersecurity posture.
We are dedicated to applying generative AI to revolutionize how gene editing, delivery, expression, and manufacturing are done for gene therapy. We believe in the power of diverse perspectives to drive innovation in gene therapy and are committed to creating an environment where integrity, patient impact, and personal growth are valued. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds who possess experience in information systems, information technology, and engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, maintain, and monitor the corporate network and other data communication systems to ensure network connectivity throughout the organization, across multiple sites.
- Manage and expand network interconnections, network co-location sites, and points of presence (POPs).
- Deploy monitoring tools to track networks, systems, and application
- Monitor and improve network, system, and application, performance and reliability based on system performance metrics, including capacity planning, failure detection, and remediation. Proactively identify and resolve issues to ensure optimal operation and performance.
- Configure and install various network devices, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and wireless access points.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather network requirements and design security-first, right-sized, scalable solutions that address business needs.
- Implement and maintain network security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, endpoint protection tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs), to protect the organization's data, people, and systems.
- Collaborate with the cloud team to manage and improve cloud (AWS) connectivity, security posture, and user management.
- Perform network capacity planning and recommend upgrades or enhancements to ensure availability, scalability, and performance.
- Assist with the ongoing management and administration of one or more of; Windows Active Directory, Google Workplace, Microsoft 365 (O365), databases, Jamf, Intune, Okta, VMware, anti-malware (Cortex XDR), certificates, RADIUS, and more.
- Troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity problems, including troubleshooting of the client and server machines when needed, to provide timely resolution of network-related incidents.
- Conduct regular network performance testing and analysis to identify areas for improvement and optimize network performance.
- Document network configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps to maintain an up-to-date network infrastructure knowledge base.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends in networking and make recommendations for incorporating new technologies into the organization's network infrastructure.
- Partner with 3rd party and IT vendors to further grow and mature IT operations.
What you Bring
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or similar technical or engineering experience in a relevant field or discipline.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience with deploying enterprise network solutions, or cloud or web-scale networks.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls (including Panorama) and Cisco Meraki switch/wireless.
- Proficiency and experience with Cisco route/switch/wireless and Bigleaf Networks is highly preferred.
- Experience configuring and operating network routing protocols including BGP and OSPF.
- Experience with two or more of; macOS, Windows 10/11, Windows Server, and/or Linux, is preferred.
- Experience navigating AWS networking preferred.
- Experience with administering one or more of the following is preferred; Windows Active Directory, Google Workplace, Microsoft 365 (O365), databases, JAMF, Intune, Okta, VMware, anti-malware (Cortex XDR), certificates, RADIUS, etc.
- Experience with AWS identity (IAM/SSO) and security services is a bonus.
Compensation & Benefits
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for this role is $96,000-$144,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.