ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is seeking a highly skilled, self-driven, and experienced leader in clinical operations to join as our Head of Clinical Operations. Reporting to the Head of Clinical Development, this highly impactful, visible, and collaborative Group Head will build and manage the Clinical Operations function to have a lasting influence on our company’s evolution, development of products, and future patient impact. This Head of Operations will have a pivotal role in ensuring ShapeTX innovative programmable RNA therapy approaches reach the clinic, and will oversee logistics collaboratively across functions including medical, pharmacovigilance, biometrics, translational, regulatory, CMC, and quality. This is a unique opportunity to oversee a critical area as ShapeTX navigates the transition from a Research-stage to Clinical-stage company.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and maintain operational direction for clinical programs including timelines and budgets, collaborating cross-functionally
- Engage clinical sites around feasibility, qualification, contracting, and performance management
- Select and oversee clinical vendors and CROs as applicable
- Participate in development of key documents including clinical development plans, regulatory documents, protocols, and consent forms
- Collaborate with Quality team on standards and audit-readiness
- Track key milestones and risk indicators
- Build, mentor, and lead clinical operations team members
What you Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences related field
- 10+ years experience in clinical operations in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- 2+ years experience as a functional head of a clinical operations group
- Preference for knowledge and skills in clinical science
- Preference for direct experience in novel treatments including cell and gene therapies
- Preference for experience with early phase and global clinical trials
- Strong knowledge of GCP including ICH, FDA, EMA, and other guidelines
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and collaborative approach
- Project management and critical thinking skills with experience in development of SOP and management of department budgets
- Proven record of developing and maintaining successful working relationships with vendors and CROs after initial evaluation and selection
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and manage competing demands
Compensation & Benefits
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for this role is $184,000 - $276,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.