ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated and scientifically curious individual to join the growing and dynamic Pipeline Research team as a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate. In this role, the successful candidate will primarily design and conduct in vitro cell-based assays to evaluate novel candidate therapeutics from the ShapeTX RNAfixTM technology platform. An ideal candidate will have general cellular and molecular biology experience, a teachable and collaborative spirit, and a desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment. Liver biology and/or induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) experience is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Pipeline Research team and advance the next generation of transformative gene therapies towards the clinic.
What You’ll Do:
- Under supervision, design and execute rigorous and well-controlled experiments
- Follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results with supervisor
- Assist in cell line maintenance, generation, and tissue culture
- Occasionally assist in animal maintenance, surgery, blood collection, injections, tissue harvests (< 20% of time)
- Perform a broad range of cell/molecular biology techniques (e.g. DNA isolation, RNA isolation, cDNA generation, qPCR, ddPCR, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence, imaging, etc.)
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
What You Bring:
- BS/MS degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience post-degree in an academic or industry laboratory setting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Skills and Experience:
- Mammalian cell culture with good aseptic technique
- Experience transfecting and transducing mammalian cells
- Experience culturing and differentiating primary cells and iPSCs
- Rodent handling and a desire to learn more complex skills
- DNA/RNA purification
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- Western blot/ELISA
- Flow cytometry/cell sorting
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic
- A collaborative, team player and good lab citizen
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Demonstrate initiative
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one-week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for the Research Associate role is $61,000-$83,000, and the salary range for the Senior Research Associate is $72,000-$98,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.