People Operations Coordinator / Manager
ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual with a strong passion for learning to join the PeopleOps team as a People Operations Coordinator / Manager. In this position, the ideal candidate will partner with the PeopleOps team to facilitate programs across business locations, support the administration of employee health and welfare plans, and oversee employee engagement programs while building strong, trusting relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate OnBoarding and lead New Employee Orientation, ensuring an excellent employee experience
- Coordinate social events and planning to promote team cohesion and community development
- Oversee PeopleOps group email inbox and respond, distribute and/or file as needed
- Act as a point of contact for employees on various requests, including company resources, processes, programs, and projects such as HRIS updates and audits
- Develop and foster reward & recognition programs, employee engagement events, and company’s mentorship program
- Assist with the management of leave of absences and accommodation requests in accordance with established policies and state and federal law
- Utilize HRIS systems for customization, data entry, modification, and reporting including administrative management of confidential HR documents
- Distribute monthly company newsletter
- Assist with administering health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Perform benefit administration to include employee communication, reconciling invoices for payment, enrolling, reinstating, and terminating employees from appropriate benefit plans
- Foster positive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process
- Organize and prepare employee files and templates that support the PeopleOps and recruiting process
- Provide technical and administrative recruiting support to hiring managers
- Support the business with additional projects, as needed
What you Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred, or relevant combination of education and military experience
- Availability to work on-site at ShapeTX headquarters in Seattle, WA
- Evolved people-skills to enable an excellent customer experience to internal and external partners
- Interest in human resources - principles, practices, and procedures
- Willingness and proven competency to learn new systems and processes
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think creatively and tackle challenges with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable being adaptable in a changing high-paced environment requiring flexibility
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to anticipate and address problems
- Possess good judgment and excellent follow-up skills
- Dependable and highly professional, with a demonstrated strong work ethic
- Must be digitally savvy and able to learn new platforms
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one-week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for this role is $65,000-$97,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.