ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and self-starting IT Site Lead to join our fast-growing Information Technology team. This is a unique opportunity to oversee and scale up critical areas of IT operations in a fast paced, dynamic environment and enable ShapeTX’s development of next-gen RNA technologies. The IT Site Lead will be the “face of IT” for the Boston site and will be responsible for providing day-to-day IT infrastructure services and first-class customer and user experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide tier 1 and 2 incident resolution and request fulfilment, manage and triage incoming tickets.
- Oversee and provide IT technical support of Mac and Windows hardware, operating systems and software.
- Build and maintain knowledge base to streamline IT processes and enable end-user self-service.
- Manage and partner with third parties / IT vendors to scale IT operations.
- Provide network management and troubleshooting.
- Deploy, troubleshoot, and repair IT assets.
- Receive and manage physical inventory of IT assets and equipment.
- Deploy, configure, maintain and support lab instrument computing assets.
- Proficiency with technology stacks of cloud platforms and applications such as Microsoft, Google, Slack, AWS, Okta, Jamf, Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Zoom, etc. is preferred.
- Proficiency with scientific software such as Benchling, TetraScience, FlowJo, Geneious and GraphPad Prism is preferred.
- Proficiency with network management, firewall configuration, and security solutions is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience in relevant field or discipline, life sciences industry experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in IT support, network engineering and/or IT operations. Management experience is a plus.
- Elite troubleshooting and management skills of laptops, printers, software, etc.
- Proficiency of ITIL principles and practices are preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized system validation following industry standards (e.g., GxP, GMP) is a plus.
- Cisco CCNA certification or relevant work experience preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and identify root causes independently
- Collaborative team player and outstanding relationship builder with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and design new processes; implement new systems and technologies
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes ownership and has continuous learning attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If the notion of helping establish the infrastructure required to accelerate revolutionary gene therapy research for millions suffering worldwide from rare genetic disorders motivates you like it does us, we’re very excited to have you join our department!
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.