ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative and highly motivated Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join our fast-growing Analytics and Informatics team. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work closely with other experimental and computational scientists to help establish, implement, and refine our next-generation processing and analytical pipelines to enable the discovery and development of the next generation of gene therapies for treating serious human diseases.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help develop, test, optimize, and execute bioinformatic pipelines to process and streamline internally- and externally-generated next-generation sequencing data
- Collaborate with experimental and computational biologists to better understand experimental design and processing nuances to help establish and improve accuracy of analytical pipelines
- Responsible for software design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation of bioinformatic pipelines using clean, well-structured code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field with proven bioinformatics expertise.
- Proficiency in Python and Unix programming and workflow/pipeline development using contemporary, open-source bioinformatics tools and databases, and collaborative development skills using version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. CI/CD, testing, design).
- Proficiency working in cloud development environments (e.g. AWS), batch computing (e.g. Batch), and containerization (e.g. Docker) preferred.
- Familiarity using pipeline tools such as Nextflow or Snakemake a plus.
- Proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and collaborative nature.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
If the notion of developing and optimizing novel informatics pipelines to help build an end-to-end gene therapy solution for millions suffering worldwide from rare genetic disorders motivates you like it does us, we’re very excited to have you join us!
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.