ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Research team as Scientist, Senior Scientist Cell Line Engineering. In this role, the successful candidate will design and execute in vitro cell experiments to generate novel disease relevant cell lines. This role will support the evaluation of target biology and the early research pipeline developing ShapeTX’s novel RNAfixTM and RNAskipTM technology platforms. An ideal candidate will have broad cell culture experience as well as experience using CRISPR and novel gene editing technologies to generate novel cell lines. The ideal candidate will also have a collaborative spirit and the desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and execute experiments to engineer mutations into disease relevant cell lines and generate novel cell lines to support discovery efforts
- Conceptualize and develop cell culture and gene editing protocols including transfection, transduction and cell culture harvest as well as gRNA design.
- Use molecular biology techniques to clone genes of interest and rapidly screen transfection and gene editing protocols with various plasmids
- Design and utilize reporter-based and functional screening tools to select candidates
- Collaborate with technology development and delivery sciences teams to optimize delivery of edited cell lines
- Generate stable cell lines for use in downstream biological assays
- Experience with piggyBac, lentiviral and other gene transfer systems for stable integration of novel genes
- Experience with gene regulation systems
- Analyze and communicate results in written and oral presentations
- PhD in molecular/Cellular biology or other relevant scientific discipline
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology or other relevant scientific discipline +7/5 years of experience in an industry setting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving, can-do attitude
Skills and Experience:
- Experience overseeing cell line engineering and clonal cell line development from design to experimental application (gene editing, sequence verification, single cell cloning and banking)
- Cell culture experience: cell culture, cell sorting, single cell isolation and analysis from a range of cell lines
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and analysis (DNA/RNA purification, cloning, Sanger sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Experience gene editing techniques (CRISPR, nucleases, etc.)
- Experience with transfection, nucleofection, and cell recovery
- Mentorship and collaboration with peers and more junior employees
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Stellar work ethic
- A collaborative, team player and good lab citizen
- Passion for benchwork
- Demonstrates initiative
- Exquisite attention to detail and organization
- Effective and proactive communication
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.