Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswap™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an IT Support Technician to join our fast-growing Information Technology team. This position will report to the IT Manager and will have the opportunity to enable ShapeTX’s development of next-generation RNA technologies by providing IT support to scientists and corporate users.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide timely tier 1 & 2 incident resolution and request fulfilment for IT hardware, software, printers, mobile devices, etc.
- Triage and troubleshoot desktop related incidents
- Install, configure, monitor and maintain IT hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary
- Provision and deprovision user accounts on systems (network, email, security, etc.)
- Manage and maintain devices (patches, updates, and fixes) including but not limited to OS and endpoint security solutions (antivirus, antimalware, etc.)
- Receive and manage physical inventory of IT assets and equipment.
- Work with vendors to help resolve technical issues
- Fix and maintain A/V systems and conference rooms
- Operate an IT ticketing queue to manage and prioritize work
- Troubleshoot and maintain company wide platforms.
- Administer and manage identity and access permissions for growing software portfolio.
- Deploy, troubleshoot, and repair IT assets.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain device management and patch management tools.
- Deploy, configure, maintain and support lab and instrument computing assets.
- Prepare and deploy all new hire equipment, partner with HR on new employee onboarding and orientation processes.
- Revoke IT assets and access to support off-boarding processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience in relevant field or discipline, life sciences industry preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in IT Support, Engineering and/or Operations, management experience preferred.
- Elite troubleshooting and management skills of laptops, printers, software etc.
- Proficiency of ITIL principles and practices are preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of computerized system validation following industry standards (GxP, GMP) is preferred.
- Familiarity with FlowJo, Geneious, GraphPad Prism is preferred
- COMPTIA A+ preferred
- Jamf Associate certification preferred
- Experience with Google Workspace, Office365, Jamf, Cisco Meraki, etc. is preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and identify root causes independently
- Collaborative team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and implement new processes, systems and technology
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes ownership and has continuous learning attitude