Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswap™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (RA/SRA) with demonstrated molecular biology experience to join our RNAfixTM Platform Technology team. In this role, the successful candidate will perform a range of laboratory experiments and tasks to support the discovery of ADAR-mediated gene therapy payloads that power ShapeTX’s disease programs. As a successful candidate, you will primarily be responsible for synthesizing and testing revolutionary new RNA editing payloads designed to treat diseases of high unmet medical need in the brain, liver and other tissues. To achieve this, you will perform independent cloning of plasmids and other constructs, PCR, qPCR and ddPCR, DNA construct assembly, cell and tissue culture handling and transfection, DNA and RNA isolation techniques, and DNA sequencing. To enable these key experimental workflows you will help maintain lab organization through a diligent and detail oriented working style. You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment, while maintaining detailed experimental notes, and precisely communicating results to your supervisor and the rest of the Platform Technology group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a critical function within the Research department of a rapidly growing biotechnology startup, with a large opportunity to contribute to new biological applications for treating serious human diseases.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Molecular cloning, cell line transfection, RNA isolation and cDNA generation
- qPCR and ddPCR on genomic DNA and cDNA samples
- Sample preparation for Sanger sequencing and NGS, and analysis of results
- Primary cell and cell line maintenance
- Screens of RNA editing payload designs
- Efficient organization of time and resources to meet deadlines
- Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology or a related discipline
- 2 years of experience in a research or biotech setting
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Experience with RNA work
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Basic understanding of PCR and qPCR
- Familiarity with nucleotide chemistry
- Basic understanding of Sequencing techniques
- Effective written and oral communication skill
- Team player with strong work ethics
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically