Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist with a background in molecular biology, cell-line engineering, and high throughput screening methods to join our RNAfixTM Early Discovery team in Cambridge, MA. In this position, the successful candidate will perform high throughput screening methods to support the discovery and engineering of molecules that can promote targeted recoding of mRNA. The ideal candidate will have experience in high throughput screening methods, molecular and cell biology, next-generation sequencing, and cell-line engineering. Creativity, collaboration, and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment are essential.
Check out the team’s recent advances that were highlighted at the ASGCT conference in 2021.
At ShapeTX, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. The ideal candidate must align with the core values of the ShapeTX team:
- Excellence: You set high expectations for yourself and produce quality data that leads to actionable information. You constantly seek to improve yourself and are eager to step outside your comfort zone and take on challenging projects.
- Creativity: You are not constrained by the conventional way of doing things. You understand the problems and challenges that are faced and work hard to find innovative solutions.
- Trust: You understand your role and the role of your fellow team members. You have a history of building trusting relationships with colleagues and are viewed as highly reliable.
- Communication: You clearly convey scientific ideas and strategy through conversation and in writing. You listen intently and seek to understand the ideas of team members.
- Passion: You bring energy and excitement to your work and are persistent and relentless in the pursuit of your goals.
- Selflessness: You constantly seek what is best for ShapeTX. We support each other and excel as a team.
What you’ll do to contribute to our success:
- Execute high throughput screening methods to discover and engineer guide RNAs for therapeutic RNA editing.
- Support and collaborate on multiple disease projects at once.
- Seek opportunities to improve our current protocols and workflows. Troubleshoot as needed and find creative and innovative solutions.
- Extensive collaboration within and between teams at ShapeTX.
- Strategize, plan, and execute experiments in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Interpret and communicate results to team members to drive key decisions and future experiments.
The skills and experience you’ll need to succeed in this position:
- Excellent communication skills and a team-oriented mind set.
- A track record of solving complex problems with innovative solutions.
- Highly experienced in molecular biology techniques (e.g. RT, PCR, IVT, cloning, qPCR / ddPCR) and experience working with RNA.
- Experience and understanding of high throughput screening methods (e.g. SELEX, phage display, ribosome display, etc.)
- Experience with next generation sequencing and library prep.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, stable cell line engineering, and flow cytometry.
- Attention to detail, excellent note taking, reliable execution, and timely results.
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- 4+ years of research experience in an industry setting.