Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are seeking a seasoned Biotechnology Recruiter to manage end-to-end recruiting at our rapidly growing organization. As a strong and visible talent business partner, you’ll work collaboratively with a diverse group of hiring managers to develop strategies to identify, attract, and hire top talent to help us drive our mission forward. The ideal candidate is an experienced talent acquisition professional who loves hiring, recruiting technologies, approaches and/or methodologies, and is passionate about creating great experiences!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with HR, hiring managers and business leaders to develop and execute on staffing strategy as we strive for excellence in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
- Develop and implement recruitment programs and best practices ensuring effectiveness, consistency and compliance with overall strategic planning and branding.
- Responsible for sourcing passive candidates, engaging applicants, screening qualified candidates, facilitating debriefs, managing offer negotiations and closing selected candidates.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders at all levels of the organization to fully understand business needs and objectives in order to develop candidate profiles that match overall requirements and success factors for long-term talent needs.
- Coach hiring managers and interviewers on the recruitment process, interviewing skills, assessment techniques, and recruiting systems.
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience throughout the selection process including interviews, offer negotiation and new hire onboarding; represent and promote our core values, brand and essential aspects of the role to candidates.
- Collaborate with and coach (as needed) hiring mangers on identifying key competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities for open positions and provide consultation on specific interviewing questions and talent assessment activities to identify the right candidates.
- Proactively identify methods to source candidates, build talent pipelines and help solve hiring-related challenges.
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring metrics to review trends and talent demographics; data management and integrity within ATS and other HR systems; and compliance with federal and local law.
- Help shape and support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion hiring initiatives to attract and hire a diverse workforce.
- Effectively manage upwards of 10-15 mid-senior level searches from Research Associate to Director-level searches.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR combination of education and equivalent work experiences required
- 5+ years of recruiting experience in a full life-cycle, high volume, fast-paced environment with 2+ years of progressive experience in a corporate setting. Biotechnology recruiting experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive efficient and effective candidate generation strategies beyond traditional recruitment mechanisms, i.e., strong passive recruitment & pipeline capabilities
- Proven success supporting multiple verticals simultaneously within our scientific and non-scientific functions
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet rapid deadlines
- Proven success collaborating with hiring managers and developing recruitment strategies for passive job seekers, exhibiting creativity with candidate search & developing networks
- Possess consultative recruiting skills with ability to coach hiring managers through a successful and efficient hiring process
- Extensive biotech industry knowledge with ability to identify target sources for top industry-related talent a plus
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS system and Namely HRIS a plus. Strong command of candidate sourcing using LinkedIn Recruiter and other creative resources
- Title dependent on experience and qualifications