Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join our fast-growing Finance & Accounting team. This position will report to the Vice President of Finance and will have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a key role in building out the FP&A function and its ability to scale. The FP&A Manager is responsible for helping lead, drive and operate a world class, global FP&A organization, including coordinating and developing the Company’s annual operating budget and related program development plans as well as providing advanced financial analysis support for departmental reporting along with business development and strategic internal business initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Key contributor of high-performing FP&A organization that oversees and develops the Company’s annual operating budget, forecasts and supports long-term strategic, program plans
- Collaborate with program leaders to lead and develop the financial plans and in-depth program development models
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics and KPIs that impact the business
- Collaborate with business leaders and oversee production of annual and quarterly operating forecasts and budgets and corresponding analysis of trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and related areas
- Support the preparation and contribute to the production of the strategic long-range operating financial plan (LRP) and related program financial models for the Company
- Be a key contributor to the quarterly financial review and reporting process by performing and providing expert insight on forecast and budget variances to actuals
- Assist with audit schedules for accounting department
- Perform advanced financial modeling, analysis and assessments
- Partner with business leaders and departments to develop special and ad-hoc financial and business-related studies and analyses
- Opportunities for direct participation in presentations to C-Suite executives
- Develop and manage corporate financial planning and reporting systems, including improvements and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years combined financial planning and analysis, corporate finance and/or consulting experience with a track record of proven success and demonstrated high performance in financial analysis, assessment and planning
- Robust experience with in biotechnology and pharma industry a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency system-wide financial planning software (Adaptive Insights, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
Skills and Experience:
- Strategic business partner with ability to work collaboratively with business leaders to accurately frame, assess and integrate strategic and tactical initiatives and plans into operating budgets and forecasts
- Strong analytical skills - ability to understand and perform advanced financial modeling
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven track record in decision support, business analysis, and strategic analysis
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment; and
- Systems experience is a plus (QuickBooks, NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify)
- Strong PC skills required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills required