Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a VP/SVP, Facilities & Enterprise Operations to manage and evolve the company’s bi-coastal operational transformation across office, laboratory, and manufacturing. Reporting to the COO, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with ShapeTX functional leadership, as well as external consultants, vendors, landlords, and local authorities to deliver long term enterprise solutions for ShapeTX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create strategic long range and annual enterprise business plans
- Oversee projects associated with the acquisition and disposal of real estate properties from planning through construction and completion; Coordinate with architects and general contractors on the design of new construction or renovations; Coordinate office moves
- Liaise with consultants on the preparation of bid documents, review of bids, negotiation with vendors, monitoring of construction/renovations & building code compliance
- Build and manage the team responsible for ensuring efficient enterprise operations and site management
- Establish and monitor relevant policies and procedures related but not limited to infrastructure, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and safety systems
- Assist in the development of new standards related to facilities management
- Actively participate in Leadership meetings and organizational decision making
- Oversee the organization’s Safety Risk Management Committee
- Ensure compliance with applicable facility and office standards, through regular site inspections and facilitation of regular internal meetings
- Work with Finance on the development of budgets and strategies for major capital projects
- Spearhead other activities, as needed
- 15+ years of experience in a Management-level Operations/Facilities role
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Sophisticated fiscal planning and leadership skills, with a strong understanding of the complexities of a multi-site environment
- Experience working in a laboratory environment; GLP- and GMP- facility experience preferred
- Great interpersonal, negotiation, influence, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the ShapeTX’ core values of Excellence, Trust, Creativity, Communication, Passion, and Selflessness