Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the Pipeline Research team as Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology. In this role, the successful candidate will partner with project leads to perform in vivo studies and ex vivo assays that enable efficient project advancement. This role will include basic laboratory and mouse colony management responsibilities and requires a high level of organization and capacity to coordinate multiple experiments. An ideal candidate will have broad in vivo and/or molecular biology experience, a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Follow established protocols, analyze, and communicate results with minimal supervision
- Perform routine procedures and injections (IV, IM, IP, SC) in mice, monitor animal health, and harvest tissue or multiple tissues
- Assist with and/or perform specialized procedures, such as intracranial ventricular injections by stereotaxic injection and transcardial perfusions
- Perform genotyping assays and assist with colony management
- Design, plan, and execute in vivo studies in a wide variety of mouse models
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal models
- Perform a broad range of molecular biology techniques (e.g. RNA isolation, cDNA generation, Sanger sequencing, next-generation sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Assist in lab organization and supply ordering
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in an academic or industry laboratory setting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with rodent handling, injection routes (IV, IP, SC, and PO)
- Experience working with in vivo animal models; genetic & neurological disease models a plus.
- Experience with cell isolation and/or DNA and RNA extraction from multiple tissue sources
- Familiarity with viral and non-viral gene delivery systems
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- DNA/RNA sequencing and analysis
- Mammalian cell culture and good aseptic technique
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative, team player
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously