Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Pipeline Research team as an Associate Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology. In this role, the successful candidate will design and execute in vivo models to evaluate ShapeTX’s novel RNAfixTM and RNAskipTM technology platforms. The ideal candidate will have hands on in vivo experience, a collaborative spirit, and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results
- Perform routine procedures and injections (IV, IM, IP, SC) in mice, monitor animal health, and harvest tissue or multiple tissues
- Perform specialized procedures, such as intracranial ventricular injections by stereotaxic injection and transcardial perfusions
- Design, plan, and execute in vivo studies in a wide variety of mouse models
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal models
- Perform a broad range of molecular biology techniques (e.g. RNA isolation, cDNA generation, Sanger sequencing, next-generation sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in an academic or industry laboratory setting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to identify potential problems and think outside the box to make suggestions to improve existing techniques or tasks with a problem-solving, can-do attitude
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Expertise with rodent handling, cell/drug delivery routes (IV, IP, SC, and PO, stereotaxic injection)
- Expertise working with a broad range of in vivo animal models; genetic & neurological disease models a plus.
- Experience with rodent behavioral assays (Open Field, Rotarod, Foot Fault, Elevated Plus Maze, etc.)
- Experience with cell isolation and/or DNA and RNA extraction from multiple tissue sources
- Experience with ELISAs, flow cytometry, and/or other protein and cell analysis techniques
- Familiarity with viral and non-viral gene delivery systems
- Familiarity with neurodegenerative disease models and assays
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- DNA/RNA sequencing and analysis
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative, team player
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously