Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Shape Therapeutics is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (RA/SRA) with demonstrated molecular biology experience to join our Molecular Biology group. The successful candidate will be capable of independently designing and executing cloning strategies using different methods including Gibson, Golden Gate, and SNP generating approaches. A strong candidate for this role will have experience with PCR, bacterial transformations, DNA preparation, and Sanger sequencing analysis. Diligent notebook keeping and ability to communicate accurately and precisely are also desirable attributes for this role. This is an excellent opportunity to join a critical function within the Research department of a rapidly growing biotechnology startup, with an opportunity to contribute to new biological applications for treating serious human diseases.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Generate novel plasmids to contribute to vector optimization and program needs
- Mammalian cell culture and in-vitro assays
- Effectively organize time and resources to meet deadlines
- Routinely perform Sanger sequencing and analyze results
- Plasmid transfections of mammalian cells
- RNA isolation and cDNA generation
- Conduct qPCR and ddPCR
- Generate libraries for NGS sequencing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology or a related discipline
- 2 years of experience in a research or biotech setting
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Experience with standard cloning, Gibson Assembly, and Golden Gate Assembly
- Familiarity with qPCR principles
- Ability to trouble shoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Experience with column purification of DNA and RNA
- Mammalian cell culture and good aseptic technique
- Experience with liquid handlers is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, interpersonally, and in presentation