Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswap™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Research team as a Research Associate, Cell Line Engineering - Core Innovation. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for in vitro cell culture and banking of recombinant and engineered cell lines to support the early research pipeline and ShapeTX’s novel RNAfixTM and RNAskipTM technology platforms. An ideal candidate will have broad cell culture and banking experience as well as familiarity with gene editing technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results with supervisor
- Assist in cell line maintenance, generation and tissue culture
- Use gene editing techniques (i.e. CRISPR) to generate gene knockouts/knockins and mutations of interest
- Perform a broad range of cell/molecular biology techniques (e.g. single cell cloning, DNA isolation, RNA isolation, cDNA generation, qPCR, ddPCR, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence, imaging etc.)
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, Cell Biology, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience post-degree in an academic or industry laboratory setting
- Experience culturing and differentiating primary and iPSC cell lines
Skills and Experience:
- Mammalian cell culture and good aseptic technique
- Cell Line banking and cryopreservation
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- Western blot / ELISA
- Flow cytometry/cell sorting
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic
- A collaborative, team player
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously