Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Research team as Research Associate, Senior Research Associate, Vector Production, Vector Producer Line Engineering. In this role, the successful candidate will design and execute in vitro cell culture to express recombinant proteins and AAV to support the early research pipeline and ShapeTX’s novel RNAfixTM and RNAskipTM technology platforms. An ideal candidate will have broad cell culture, recombinant protein and vector production experience, a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under supervision plan and execute rigorous and well-controlled experiments
- Perform basic cell culture and transfection of mammalian cell lines
- Harvest vector preps using cell lysis (sonication, clarification)
- Use molecular biology techniques to clone genes of interest and rapidly screen transfection protocols with various plasmids
- Analyze and communicate results in small team settings
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology or other relevant scientific discipline +1/3 years experience in an industry setting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving, can-do attitude
Skills and Experience:
- Cell culture experience: culturing, maintaining and harvesting media and vector from different cell lines
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and analysis (DNA/RNA purification, cloning, Sanger sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Experience with protein analysis techniques (ELISA, Western blotting, etc.)
- Experience with transfecting mammalian cell lines
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Stellar work ethic
- A collaborative, team player and good lab citizen
- Passion for benchwork
- Demonstrates initiative
- Exquisite attention to detail and organization