Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswap™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Gene Replacement Research team as a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cell Biology. In this role, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing ShapeTX’s gene replacement technology platform, combining the latest in synthetic biology and AI to develop novel treatments for serious diseases. The ideal candidate will have in depth experience in cell biology and tissue culturing, a collaborative spirit, and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the team to develop disease-relevant cell models to test novel gene therapy constructs.
- Tissue culture of engineered cell lines.
- Transfections and transductions of gene replacement material into disease relevant cells.
- Apply molecular biology techniques to aid in the construction of gene replacement constructs.
- Analyze and communicate results in written and oral presentations.
- Maintain a detailed and up-to-date electronic laboratory notebook.
- BS/MS with 2+ years of experience in cell biology position in a lab setting.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to working in a team science environment.
- Desire to learn new techniques and grow with team to meet challenges head-on.
- Interested in synthetic biology, cell engineering, and high-throughput screening techniques.
Skills and Experience:
- General tissue culture experience.
- Tissue culture experience in more technically challenging model lines or iPSCs requiring differentiation is a plus.
- Cell engineering – general understanding of modern techniques
- Molecular biology – familiar with plasmid transfection, cloning, gel electrophoresis, or other similar biological techniques
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.