Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing breakthrough gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskip™, RNAfix™, and RNAswitch™ payload technologies, next-generation tissue-specific AAVid™ delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. At the core of these technologies reside ShapeTX AI analytic platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an experienced and passionate Sr. HR Generalist who will help us maintain our current culture while scaling standard methodologies as we venture into the next phase of growth! As a true Sr. HR Generalist, you’ll assist with the daily functions of the HR department ensuring efficient operations while providing an outstanding employee experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; benefit and leave administration, HRIS management, employee relations, HR compliance, onboarding, work authorization/immigration, recruitment and more. If you are a people-person who thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment, this is the right place for you to accelerate your HR career!
- Support and drive a variety of HR programs for key HR initiatives including: compensation, recruiting/staffing, training & development, annual performance review program, reward systems, etc.
- Act as point of contact for employees on tools, processes, programs and projects including HRIS updates, audits and payroll support
- Manage leave of absence and accommodation requests in accordance with established policies and state and federal law
- Plan and implement onboarding strategies and conduct new employee orientations, delivering an exceptional first-day experience
- Produce and analyze reports to assist with workforce planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting including administrative management of confidential HR documents.
- Administer the Company’s people and benefits programs. Perform benefit administration to include employee communication, annual/open enrollment meetings, reconciling invoices for payment, enrolling, reinstating and terminating employees from appropriate benefit plans, as required.
- Serve as a contact for employees and managers to address people matters that require in depth knowledge of company policies and procedures, communicating complex and sensitive information, handling confidential information with discretion.
- Recommend and develop employee relations programs and practices to foster employee engagement, satisfaction and provide a positive employer-employee relationship
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements
- Bachelor's degree with specialty in human resources preferred
- 6-7+ years of HR experience with 3 years broad-based HR Generalist experience preferable in a startup or biotech environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced team environment handling multiple priorities and tasks with a high degree of urgency with excellent follow through
- High level of logical and analytical thinking skills and ability to apply skills to developing practical and creative problem-solving approaches to unusual or unexpected issues
- Comfortable in a startup environment, self-starter, eager to problem solve, comfortable with ambiguity as the company grows
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach others
- Ability to prioritize and thrive in a role with a breadth of responsibilities showing flexibility and agility
- Ability to establish trust and confidence by demonstrating a high level of credibility and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to interface comfortably and confidently with people at all levels of the organization
- Adequate knowledge of current labor rules and regulations
- Solid HRIS knowledge and experience, Namely HRIS is a plus
- Experience working with remote employees, across multiple states is a plus
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) desired