Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation RNA-targeted therapies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. The ShapeTX technology platform includes RNAskip™, a proprietary suppressor tRNA technology that enables premature stop codon readthrough; RNAfixTM, a precision RNA editing technology using endogenous Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA (ADAR); and AAVidTM, a next-generation engineered adeno-associated virus (AAV) platform producing highly specific, tissue-tropic AAVs. The power of the ShapeTX platforms resides in redirecting the cellular machinery already present in our cells, thereby bypassing the risks of immunogenicity and DNA damage seen with other contemporary editing technologies.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTx is looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our fast-growing Finance & Accounting team. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting. You'll have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a key role in the Accounting team's ability to scale. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will own the entire procure-to-pay process as well as supporting expense reporting for the company. This position will also play a pivotal role in compiling analytics over spend and expense management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform full-cycle invoicing responsibilities: match, batch and code invoices into the general ledger
- Enter a high volume of invoices into our accounting system in a detail-oriented manner
- Process timely payments to vendors including checks, ACH and wires
- Ensure proper approvals are followed on all invoices
- Set up new vendors and verify all information received is complete and accurate
- Interact consistently with vendors and internal customers to address inquiries
- Participate and support new hire trainings
- Support the preparation and filing of 1099s to ensure IRS compliance
- Assist AP/Finance management in month-end closing including accruals, reconciliations and spend analysis
- Administer expense platform and audit employee expenses to ensure they are in compliance with the Company’s policy
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable and General Accounting experience
- Proficiency with Excel is preferred (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, Procurement Express, and Expensify is a plus
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Collaborative team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and assist in implementing new processes and technology