Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation gene therapy technologies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. ShapeTX gene therapy platform comprises RNAskipTM, RNAfixTM, and RNAswitchTM payload technology, next-generation tissue-specific AAVidTM delivery technology, and SquareBio, a solution to scalable gene therapy manufacturing based on industrialization of human stable cell lines. The power of the ShapeTX resides in its core AI discovery platform, where data drives decisions in building technology today to enable gene therapies of tomorrow. ShapeTX is committed to data-driven scientific advancement, passionate people, and a mission of providing life-long cures to patients. Shape Life!
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an Associate Director / Director, Strategic Communications to lead the development and execution of the corporate communications strategy. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will partner with our team of subject matter experts to craft and deliver a corporate narrative that aligns with the company mission, and enhances the perception and visibility of ShapeTX.
- Work with the executive team to develop the corporate communication strategy and continually enhance the corporate narrative
- Translate business and scientific content into professional, high-quality keynote presentations
- Prepare draft press releases, conference call scripts, Q&A documents, and other related content for various corporate and program milestones
- Partner on the development of various public disclosures
- Manage public & external media relations firms, as well as other third-party vendors and resources
- Maintain the corporate overview presentation and IR section of the corporate website, ensuring that accurate and up to date material are continually posted and refreshed
- Assist with other corporate initiatives as required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or business preferred
- 4+ years of experience in strategic communications in the biotech space
- Strong graphic design skills and expertise with Adobe creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshops, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills with a track record of generating clear, accurate, and compelling materials
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, high science, start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with the ability to run with and solve problems as they arise
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects with overlapping deadlines and priorities
- Well organized and detail-oriented with strong project management skills