Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation RNA-targeted therapies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. The ShapeTX technology platform includes RNAskip™, a proprietary suppressor tRNA technology that enables premature stop codon readthrough; RNAfixTM, a precision RNA editing technology using endogenous Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA (ADAR); and AAVidTM, a next-generation engineered adeno-associated virus (AAV) platform producing highly specific, tissue-tropic AAVs. The power of the ShapeTX platforms resides in redirecting the cellular machinery already present in our cells, thereby bypassing the risks of immunogenicity and DNA damage seen with other contemporary editing technologies.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a Director/Sr. Director, Program Management to nucleate, build, and lead its Program and Portfolio Management function. In this role, reporting the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of therapeutic programs through their life-cycle, creation of project plans, identification and tracking of critical path activities, interdependencies and risks, and deployment of risk-mitigation strategies. The ideal candidate will have broad early drug development experience, fine-tuned attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts to best ensure successful maturation of diverse research and development candidates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create integrated cross-functional project plans and maintain detailed program timelines
- Monitor, track and report on key program activities, decision-points, deliverables and milestones
- Proactively identify and prioritize program risks, assess alternative planning scenarios to address risks, and develop and monitor risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Lead data-driven decision-making in order to make solid, timely and objective recommendations
- Ensure communication so that all stakeholders are aware of and aligned on key program activities and deliverables
- Facilitate program team meetings by creating agendas, and documenting and distributing meeting outcomes, decisions and action items; ensure program knowledge by archiving meeting agendas, presentations, and meeting notes
- Regularly report on program progress and ensure appropriate escalation of issues to management with program dashboards and activity reports
- Apply Project Management best practices, tools and processes; proactively identify opportunities to improve team effectiveness, processes, communication and program outcomes
- Participate in the long-range planning process in partnership with finance and functional stakeholders; monitor program budget/forecasts, highlighting variances, and tracking changes that arise throughout the year
- Evolve and lead the Program and Portfolio Management function to meet the continually expanding needs of the organization
- Performs other related PM functional duties as required
- Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., BS, MA, PhD, PharmD, MD) with 8+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical experience managing complex programs; knowledge of gene therapy product development and US and global regulatory processes preferred
- Proven ability to balance conflicting priorities across multiple programs
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; demonstrated ability to organize and present project plans and updates to program/project teams and senior leadership
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Skills and Experience:
- Self-directed with the ability to thrive with limited direction and ambiguity while working successfully in a cross-functional environment
- Experience leading teams and managing direct reports a plus
- Solution-based, creative thinker with a strong work ethic, superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and able to foster an environment of open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to motivate others, to positively influence without direct authority, to negotiate conflict situations, and to forge consensus between competing points of view