Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation RNA-targeted therapies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. The ShapeTX technology platform includes RNAskip™, a proprietary suppressor tRNA technology that enables premature stop codon readthrough; RNAfixTM, a precision RNA editing technology using endogenous Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA (ADAR); and AAVidTM, a next-generation engineered adeno-associated virus (AAV) platform producing highly specific, tissue-tropic AAVs. The power of the ShapeTX platforms resides in redirecting the cellular machinery already present in our cells, thereby bypassing the risks of immunogenicity and DNA damage seen with other contemporary editing technologies.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated and scientifically curious individual to join the Neurobiology Research team as a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate. In this role, the successful candidate will primarily conduct in vitro cell-based assays to evaluate novel candidate therapeutics from the ShapeTX RNAfixTM technology platform. An ideal candidate will have general cellular and molecular biology experience, a teachable and collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment. Neuroscience experience is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity to join the neurobiology team and advance the next generation of transformative gene therapies towards the clinic.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results with supervisor
- Assist in cell line maintenance, generation and tissue culture
- Occasionally assist in animal maintenance, blood collection, injections, tissue harvests (< 20% of time)
- Perform a broad range of cell/molecular biology techniques (e.g. DNA isolation, RNA isolation, cDNA generation, qPCR, ddPCR, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence, imaging etc.)
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, Cell Biology, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience post-degree in an academic or industry laboratory setting
Skills and Experience:
- Mammalian cell culture and good aseptic technique
- Experience culturing and differentiating primary and iPSC cell lines
- Rodent handling and a desire to learn more complex skills
- DNA/RNA purification
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic
- A collaborative, team player
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously