Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation RNA-targeted therapies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. The ShapeTX technology platform includes RNAskip™, a proprietary suppressor tRNA technology that enables premature stop codon readthrough; RNAfixTM, a precision RNA editing technology using endogenous Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA (ADAR); and AAVidTM, a next-generation engineered adeno-associated virus (AAV) platform producing highly specific, tissue-tropic AAVs. The power of the ShapeTX platforms resides in redirecting the cellular machinery already present in our cells, thereby bypassing the risks of immunogenicity and DNA damage seen with other contemporary editing technologies.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a Senior Research Associate with a background in molecular biology and high throughput screening methods to join our Technology Development team in Cambridge, MA. In this position, the successful candidate will perform high throughput screening methods to support the discovery and engineering of molecules that can promote targeted recoding of mRNA. The ideal candidate will have experience in high throughput screening methods (e.g. SELEX, phage display), molecular and cell biology, next-generation sequencing, and cell culture. Creativity, collaboration, and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment are essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support high throughput screening approaches to discover and engineer guide RNAs
- Support screening efforts to identify lead designs to targets of interest
- Perform the required molecular biology to generate complex RNA libraries
- Generate next-generation sequencing libraries to support guide RNA screening
- Perform cell-free and in-cell experiments to support guide RNA design
- Perform cell culture and in vitro assays as needed
- Summarize data and results in written reports and in formal presentations to the Technology Development team and the senior leadership team
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- BS or MS in molecular biology or a related discipline with 3+ years of experience in an industry laboratory setting
Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in molecular biology
- Experience with next-generation sequencing methods.
- Experience with high-throughput screening methods such as SELEX, ribosomal display, or yeast surface display
- Experience with mammalian and bacterial cell culture
- Experience with flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Ability to troubleshoot, think analytically, and provide creative and novel solutions.
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative, team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication, both written and orally