Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation RNA-targeted therapies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. The ShapeTX technology platform includes RNAskip™, a proprietary suppressor tRNA technology that enables premature stop codon readthrough; RNAfixTM, a precision RNA editing technology using endogenous Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA (ADAR); and AAVidTM, a next-generation engineered adeno-associated virus (AAV) platform producing highly specific, tissue-tropic AAVs. The power of the ShapeTX platforms resides in redirecting the cellular machinery already present in our cells, thereby bypassing the risks of immunogenicity and DNA damage seen with other contemporary editing technologies.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our executive leadership team. The ideal candidates will have outstanding communication and prior experience supporting executive leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with in-person and remote team members. This role will also provide administrative support to the office including coordinating company meetings, retreats, and office relocations.
This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the growing executive leadership team
- Proactively manage calendars, being attentive to priorities and optimal use of time
- Manage expense reimbursement reporting
- Prepare and schedule travel itineraries
- Manage filing of key corporate documents; Support contract and finance processes
- Serve as liaison for Board of Directors and Scientific Advisory Board; establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Board Members and their support staff
- Schedule on-site, off-site, and virtual meetings with internal and/or external groups and collaborators; Handle the logistics and coordination of events; Prepare and review confidential correspondence, reports, and presentations; Coordinate the production, assembly, and distribution of presentation materials
- Assess the importance of requests, help when priorities shift, take detailed notes and be three steps ahead of your team
- Interact in a professional manner with collaborators and stakeholders
- Provide back-up coverage to staff when needed
- Ensure travel expense reimbursements are submitted in a timely fashion
- Attend meetings, as needed, to record meeting minutes
- Manage headquarters by ensuring that the office runs smoothly on a daily basis and supporting all general office functions in a fast-paced environment
- Oversee and manage general office inventories, office cleanliness, and general maintenance
- Provide main reception coverage for front office and arrival of guests
- Develop and maintain a fun and friendly environment by creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the office
- Plan and execute company retreats, special events, office-wide meetings, and other special projects
- Integrate new employees with necessary equipment and information, as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years administrative experience supporting senior level executives; knowledge of biotech industry or start-up company environment is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Macintosh-Apple
- Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, outstanding critical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide solid rationale for recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in copywriting and editing is strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – must be able to successfully build relationships with and provide a positive experience for BOD/SAB, senior leadership, colleagues, investors, visitors, etc.
- Must be able to balance taking minimal direction from others while operating independently to achieve results in a timely manner
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support multiple and competing demands of organization and senior leadership operating in multiple time zones