Shape Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation RNA-targeted therapies to treat the world’s most challenging diseases. The ShapeTX technology platform includes RNAskip™, a proprietary suppressor tRNA technology that enables premature stop codon readthrough; RNAfixTM, a precision RNA editing technology using endogenous Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA (ADAR); and AAVidTM, a next-generation engineered adeno-associated virus (AAV) platform producing highly specific, tissue-tropic AAVs. The power of the ShapeTX platforms resides in redirecting the cellular machinery already present in our cells, thereby bypassing the risks of immunogenicity and DNA damage seen with other contemporary editing technologies.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases. Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The Process and Product Development (P&PD) group at Shape Therapeutics is looking for a teachable, highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (RA/SRA) with specific experience in molecular biology laboratory techniques. In this role, the successful candidate will perform a variety of laboratory experiments that support the development and implementation of ShapeTX’s proprietary rAAV production platform. Primary responsibilities will include cloning of plasmids and other genetic constructs (requiring experience with PCR, plasmid ligation, bacterial transformation and DNA/RNA isolation techniques), cell-line generation, and cellular transfection/transduction. The ideal candidate will have a diligent and detail-oriented working style. You will be expected to keep detailed experimental records and precisely communicate experimental results to your supervisor and team members. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing biotechnology company and have a tangible impact on the development of novel platforms and products that treat serious human disease.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently clone novel plasmid constructs
- Assist in tissue culture and cell-line generation
- Perform a broad range of molecular-biology techniques (e.g. DNA isolation, RNA isolation, cDNA generation, etc.)
- Analyze Sanger sequencing results
- Efficiently organize time and resources to meet deadlines
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology or a related discipline
- 0-2 years of post-degree experience in an academic or industry research capacity
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Experience with restriction-digestion cloning, Gibson Assembly, and Golden Gate Assembly
- Familiarity with PCR/qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- Experience with column purification of DNA and RNA
- Familiarity with bacterial and mammalian cell-culture techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, interpersonally, and in presentation