Shape Therapeutics (ShapeTx) is a development stage biotechnology company establishing itself as the leader in next-generation gene therapy. Our novel technology platform enables direct in vivo targeting/modification of RNA by leveraging ADARs (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), suppressor tRNAs, and engineered adeno-associated viruses (AAVs).
ShapeTx is providing solutions to many of the challenges that contemporary genome engineering technologies face (like CRISPR, TALENs, etc.), such as permanent off-target damage, high risk of immunogenicity and therefore low in vivo applicability as effective gene therapy approaches. ShapeTx’s technology instead engages natural human cellular machinery to target RNA with high in vivo efficiency.
At ShapeTx, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite sites in Cambridge, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California.
ShapeTx is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual with a strong passion for learning to join the Research team as Research Associate, AAV Production. In this position, the research associate will work within the Delivery Sciences team to produce small-scale AAV and optimize lead therapeutic candidates. An ideal applicant will have experience producing, purifying and analyzing viral vectors. Experimental multi-tasking, a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment are essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform small-scale AAV production, purification and analysis to enable Research screening platforms
- Support the Discovery-to-Development transition for lead candidates
- Independently follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results
- Assist in cell line maintenance, generation and tissue culture
- Perform a broad range of molecular and cell biology techniques (e.g. DNA isolation, RNA isolation, cDNA generation, qPCR, ddPCR, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence, imaging etc.)
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 2+ years of post-degree experience in an academic or industry laboratory setting
Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience in protein or virus production, purification and analysis
- Mammalian cell culture and good aseptic technique
- DNA/RNA purification
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with AKTA FPLC for protein or virus purification