Shape Therapeutics (ShapeTx) is a development-stage biotechnology company establishing itself as the leader in next-generation gene therapy. Our novel technology platform enables direct in vivo targeting/modification of RNA by leveraging ADARs (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), suppressor tRNAs, and engineered adeno-associated viruses (AAVs).
ShapeTx is providing solutions to many of the challenges that contemporary genome engineering technologies face (like CRISPR, TALENs, etc.), such as permanent off-target damage, high risk of immunogenicity and therefore low in vivo applicability as effective gene therapy approaches. ShapeTx’s technology instead engages natural human cellular machinery to target RNA with high in vivo efficiency.
At ShapeTx, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures tomany debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
ShapeTx is looking for a Data Science-focused scientific leader and respected people manager to serve as Head of Analytics and Informatics (Head of AI), reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. In this role, you will refine and execute the company’s Analytics and Informatics strategy, develop and manage a team of high performing scientists and engage with internal and external stakeholders to advance ShapeTx’s technology platform. You will serve on the company Executive Team and play a key role in the development of the Company data science pipeline, informatics, nonclinical and clinical statistics, software management and IT. You will also be expected to exemplify and cultivate ShapeTx’s values and culture.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-growth startup and establish the Analytics and Informatics Department, with broad impact across the organization. The ideal candidate will bring diverse expertise across data sciences, statistics and information technologies, along with an understanding of how data analysis impacts the drug development process. By developing and implementing an integrated informatic and statistical pipeline, the successful candidate will support every phase of development for novel therapeutic candidates in research, manufacturing, and clinical development. A collaborative spirit and rigorous analytical approach are essential.
Title and compensation commensurate with level of experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of analytical and statistical methods for analyzing and integrating large-scale data, by developing and executing a strategy that is aligned with company leadership strategic vision.
- Partner with functional leads across Research, Nonclinical Development, Clinical and CMC, for the development of ShapeTx’s drug products from technology development analytics to clinical statistics.
- Manage and establish best processes for ShapeTx growing software and IT requirement, and ensure that these processes meet or exceed regional and global standards for data submission to regulatory authorities.
- Apply genomics and analytics to support the indication assessment in oncologic, metabolic, rare diseases, and neurologic therapeutic areas
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to team members (e.g. day-to-day technical guidance, project and people management, etc.)
- Apply a data-driven strategic framework to prioritize resource allocation and make effective “go/no-go” decisions
- Manage career development and performance of research staff, hire top talent and integrate new team members to maintain a strong team dynamic of respect, creativity and collaboration
- Represent ShapeTx to the external scientific community via presentations, publications, etc.
- PhD in genetics, genomics, biomedical engineering, computer science and technology or related life science discipline
- At least 7 years of experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- At least 5 years of technical leadership and proven ability to manage high performing teams effectively
- Expertise in Data Science, Clinical Statistics, Machine Learning, genetics, genomics, cellular biology, cellular therapy, drug candidate discovery and development
- Proven success and strong track record in Data Science and informatic, machine learning, genomics, through publications in top tier journals and asset creation
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to function in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop scientific talent at different levels
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to dive into technical details and discussions on active research programs
- Skilled in business relationship management with internal and external partners