Shape Therapeutics (ShapeTx) is a development-stage biotechnology company establishing itself as the leader in next-generation gene therapy. Our novel technology platform enables direct in vivo targeting/modification of RNA by leveraging ADARs (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), suppressor tRNAs, and immune-stealth adeno-associated viruses (AAVs).
ShapeTx is providing solutions to many of the challenges that contemporary genome engineering technologies face (like CRISPR, TALENs, etc.), such as permanent off-target damage, high risk of immunogenicity and therefore low in vivo applicability as effective gene therapy approaches. ShapeTx’s technology instead engages natural human cellular machinery to target RNA with high in vivo efficiency.
At ShapeTx, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The Operations team is looking for a motivated individual for the role of Operations Coordinator to assist with managing the day-to-day internal operations of the company. Your primary responsibility will be to provide operational and administrative coordination across all areas covered by Operations. Your role will focus on general office administration and vendor management, and you will report to the Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- General office administration to maintain common supplies, beverages and snacks
- Ensure the site’s appearance is kept in a clean condition
- Manage shipping, receiving and process mail; including incoming and outgoing items (e.g. overnight packages, etc.)
- Support recruiting and new hire on-boarding activities
- Serve as point of contact with vendors and maintain vendor relationships (i.e. support account setup or management, handle order troubleshooting, support staff with vendor interactions)
- Support laboratory set up, equipment inventories, and service contracts and records
- Work with Accounts Payable to support procurement activities
- Work with Operations team to manage & update operational procedures
- Plan, schedule and coordinate company events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- 1 year of lab and/or office coordination, ideally in a start-up environment
- Interest in operations and/or facilities management is a plus
Skills and Experience
- Have a high degree of flexibility, motivation, and a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated to solve problems or improve processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start up environment
- Ability to work independently and function in ambiguity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in handling purchasing and procurement
- Experience working in office and/or research laboratory settings