Shape Therapeutics (ShapeTx) is a development stage biotechnology company establishing itself as the leader in next generation gene therapy. Our novel technology platform enables direct in vivo targeting of RNA by leveraging ADARs (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), suppressor tRNAs, and the capability to redose with adeno-associated viruses (AAVs).
ShapeTx is providing solutions to many of the challenges that contemporary genome engineering technologies face (like CRISPR, TALENs, etc.), such as permanent off-target damage, high risk of immunogenicity and therefore low in vivo applicability as effective gene therapy approaches. ShapeTx’s technology instead engages natural human cellular machinery to target RNA with high in vivo efficiency.
At ShapeTx, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with satellite sites in Cambridge, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California.
ShapeTx is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the Research team as Research Associate, Molecular Biology. In this role, the successful candidate will partner with project leads to identify and build molecular tools that enable efficient project advancement. This role will also include basic laboratory management responsibilities. An ideal candidate will have broad molecular biology experience, a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently follow established protocols, analyze and communicate results
- Partner with project leads to identify molecular tools necessary for project advancement
- Execute plasmid cloning requests and submit QC reports to supervisor
- Assist in cell line generation and tissue culture
- Perform a broad range of molecular biology techniques (e.g. RNA isolation, cDNA generation, Sanger sequencing, next-generation sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Assist in lab organization and supply ordering
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in an academic or biotech laboratory
Skills and Experience:
- Standard cloning, Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate Assembly
- DNA/RNA purification
- qPCR/ddPCR principles and analysis
- DNA/RNA sequencing and analysis
- Mammalian cell culture and good aseptic technique
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative, team player
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously